My favourite math teacher was a teacher I had for many of my high school math classes. The reason this teacher was my favourite was because he explained concepts and why they worked instead of just presenting us with rules to memorize and use. I also really enjoyed his class because he was really enthusiastic and passionate about math. It made class seem exciting, he always made it seem like a big deal when we reached a spot where we were able to connect topics or when topics started to “click” for us. High school was when I started to enjoy math and I loved having a teacher who matched my enthusiasm for the topic.
My least favourite math teacher was also a high school teacher. I was lucky to never have a math teacher I really disliked. But this math teacher was very monotonous. This teacher also didn’t do much to ensure the students played attention in his class, so most people just talked to their friends the whole class. It made it hard to learn. It was hard to learn form a teacher who was kind of boring to listen to and who also didn’t do anything to stop students from having other (sometimes more interesting) conversations while he thought. It was hard to be motivated to learn math instead of listening to the fun things my friends were saying.
Great observations here!
ReplyDelete